Blueberry Brunch Loaf Recipe
I like to make special breakfasts on the weekend for my husband and children. This recipe's sweet frosting really makes the already delicious blueberry bread even more tasty.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in egg and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and juice, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wore rack.
- 3. For glaze, combine sugar, butter and orange peel. Gradually add milk until glaze is of spreading consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 164 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC