- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in egg and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and juice, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter and orange peel. Gradually add milk until glaze is of spreading consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forBlueberry Brunch Loaf
"I followed the recipe almost exactly except I dusted the blueberries with the flour before I added the flour to keep the blueberries from not sinking to the bottom of the loaf. Also, If you are using frozen blueberries do not thaw them first as this will discolor the entire loaf. The taste was pleasant with the addition of the orange and different as so many other recipes use lemon. Overall this was a good tea bread and I will make it again."