I like to make special breakfasts on the weekend for my husband and children. This recipe's sweet frosting really makes the already delicious blueberry bread even tastier. —Jean Nietert, Claremont, South Dakota
Recommended: 19 Easter Bread Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in egg and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and juice, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter and orange peel. Gradually add milk until glaze is of spreading consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Blueberry Brunch Loaf in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Blueberry Brunch Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review