Blueberry Brunch Bake Recipe
This recipe is especially nice for overnight company. It's simple to make the day before and then pop in the oven in the morning. Just sit back and enjoy your guest and a great breakfast. —Carol Forcum Marion, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Additional blueberries, optional
- Additional maple syrup
- 1. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add milk and 1/3 cup syrup until blended. Pour half over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC