- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Additional blueberries, optional
- Additional maple syrup
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add milk and 1/3 cup syrup until blended. Pour half over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Brunch Bake
"It was easy to make. Nothing to write home about but it tasted good."
"Great! Takes time to make, but makes a ton"
"I recently made this recipe for my family get-together. It was a huge hit and everyone requested the recipe! I recently made it again with huckleberries and it was just wonderful."