Here’s a special treat from the microwave. Topped with almonds, the souffle appeals to the eyes as well as the taste buds.
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and lemon peel; transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, crushed cookies, sugar and extract; set aside.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cookie mixture. Spread over filling; sprinkle with almonds.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 12-15 minutes or until topping is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle servings with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Breakfast Souffle in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p27
Reviews for Blueberry Breakfast Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review