Blueberry Breakfast Sauce
This fresh-tasting sauce, chock-full of blueberries, tastes great served over pancakes, French toast, waffles or even ice cream. Whether you use fresh or frozen blueberries, the flavor is fantastic...and with only four ingredients, it cooks up in a flash. Ellen Benninger
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in
- water. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or
- cold over French toast, pancakes or waffles. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 36 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.