Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg, milk, butter and lemon peel; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine sugar, flour, walnuts and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 320 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Blueberry Breakfast Cake
"This batter was really thick. The recipe should indicate that. I was going to throw it out as I thought I had done something wrong. I baked it anyway, and it was okay, but rather dry. I also used 2 tsp of lemon peel instead of the 1 tsp given in the recipe. The cake was okay, but I don't think I will make it again."
"I think the cake has potential, but the lemon flavor was not strong enough. I would add more zest or lemon juice if I made it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.