Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Toss blueberries with remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Blueberry Bread(11)
Sort By :
Very easy to make and delicious!
Making right now and house smell so good.
Can wait for my daughter come for breakfast.
It was easy to make and I had no problems
This was delicious! I had no problem with the bread being dry. The only thing I added was about 2 teaspoons orange zest to a triple batch. I will make this again!
I too found the batter to be very thick. I thought I may have done something wrong. Then, I read the other reviews and saw it was the same for most. When I pulled it out of the oven, just by looking at it I knew it would be dry. I tried it after it cooled. It was dry. BUT, the next morning, I warmed a slice up and put some margarine on it. It was yummy! I will make this again, but I think will try to add apple sauce as well.
Oh, and I also added a couple of dashes of cinnamon. I like a little cinnamon with blueberries!