This is a simple quick bread recipe that I look forward to making when fresh blueberries are in season. It's so good, though, that I end up making it year-round. Karen Scales
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Toss blueberries with remaining
- flour; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for
- 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack
- to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.