- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Toss blueberries with remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Blueberry Bread
Sort By :
"Quick, easy and makes great muffins, too."
"Very easy to make and delicious!"
"Making right now and house smell so good.Can wait for my daughter come for breakfast.It was easy to make and I had no problems"
"This was delicious! I had no problem with the bread being dry. The only thing I added was about 2 teaspoons orange zest to a triple batch. I will make this again!"
"I too found the batter to be very thick. I thought I may have done something wrong. Then, I read the other reviews and saw it was the same for most. When I pulled it out of the oven, just by looking at it I knew it would be dry. I tried it after it cooled. It was dry. BUT, the next morning, I warmed a slice up and put some margarine on it. It was yummy! I will make this again, but I think will try to add apple sauce as well."