Blueberry Bread Pudding
My husband cooks breakfast for a men's Bible study group every Sunday. When he makes this dish, there's never any left.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 2 slices day-old Italian bread
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. cubes; place into a greased 20-oz. baking
- dish. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, cream, milk, sugar, butter,
- vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Pour over bread
- cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until top is golden
- brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle
- with confectioners' sugar and serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 401 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.