Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe
My husband cooks breakfast for a men's Bible study group every Sunday. When he makes this dish, there's never any left.
- 2 slices day-old Italian bread
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cut bread into 1/2-in. cubes; place into a greased 20-oz. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, cream, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 401 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Bread Pudding
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"Absolutely wonderful. It is always a huge hit."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC