- 2 slices day-old Italian bread
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. cubes; place into a greased 20-oz. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, cream, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Bread Pudding in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p285
Reviews for Blueberry Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"Absolutely wonderful. It is always a huge hit."