Blueberry Bounty Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemonade, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 slice with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 508 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Bounty Cake
"This is a comment - With all the wonderful ingredients why the poor reviews? I really would like to try this but would like to know what kind of lemonade to use - homemade or store bought?I am rating this as a 3 because I haven't made it but it sounds good.Thank you.Shirley Walsh"
"The blueberries worked well, but the cake itself was rather flavorless and somewhat dry. It definitely needed the sauce. I doubt if I'd try this one again."
"This came out excellent! My husband said don't wait another month before making it again."
"Didn't like this very much. The cake just didn't have a lot of flavor, the blueberries were good and so was the sauce. Would not make again."
"Just made this and it turned out excellent!!! I did substitute the 1 1/2 c butter with 1 cup margarine and 1/2 c applesauce. It was moist and delicious!! I also baked it for 55 minutes and my pan is a heavy, dark pan. Also, I didn't have cake flour on hand so I used the substitution method of taking 1 c flour, removing 2 T of it and adding 2 T cornstarch and sifting them together. Will DEFINITELY make again!!!"
"What a horror! After baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes, the batter stayed wet. This recipe needs to be revised or removed."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.