Blueberry Bounty Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemonade, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 slice with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 508 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.