- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemonade, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Bounty Cake
Sort By :
"This came out excellent! My husband said don't wait another month before making it again."
"Didn't like this very much. The cake just didn't have a lot of flavor, the blueberries were good and so was the sauce. Would not make again."
"Just made this and it turned out excellent!!! I did substitute the 1 1/2 c butter with 1 cup margarine and 1/2 c applesauce. It was moist and delicious!! I also baked it for 55 minutes and my pan is a heavy, dark pan. Also, I didn't have cake flour on hand so I used the substitution method of taking 1 c flour, removing 2 T of it and adding 2 T cornstarch and sifting them together. Will DEFINITELY make again!!!"
"What a horror! After baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes, the batter stayed wet. This recipe needs to be revised or removed."