Blueberry Blintz Souffle Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and orange juice. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Set aside. Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl; beat until blended. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with filling and remaining batter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, for syrup, drain blueberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, corn syrup, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon and reserved blueberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add blueberries; heat through. Serve warm with the souffle. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 388 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Blintz Souffle
"This was really good. A big hit with my coffee group."