Blueberry Blintz Souffle
Store-bought blintzes speed up the preparation of this rich blueberry souffle. "This wonderful brunch entree tastes great with just about any breakfast meat served alongside," says Iris Katz of Pompano Beach, Florida. TIP: "Top it with additional sour cream or ice cream," Iris recommends. More Breakfast Meat Recipes »
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) frozen blueberry blintzes
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with blintzes. In a
- large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, sugar, orange juice and
- vanilla. Pour over blintzes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in the
- egg mixture comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 241 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.