Blueberry-Blackberry Rustic Tart Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or coarse sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and cornmeal; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon juice; spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold pastry edge over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with beaten egg; sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- 4. Bake 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice (calculated without whipped cream) equals 464 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry-Blackberry Rustic Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.