Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler Recipe
With a crisp biscuit topping and warm blueberry filling, this home-style cobbler sure doesn't taste light—but it is! —Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blueberry mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 231 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC