- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blueberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler
"I found the lemon flavour a bit overwhelming. Otherwise this is a great recipe. I liked the biscuit topping, especially since it is a lot lower fat than the usual cobbler topping.I also cut the sugar back a bit, since I don't usually like things too sweet."
"Delicious! Made it as directed."
"I made only 1/2 recipe. I omitted the cinnamon and nutmeg. I cut down on the sugar added to the blueberries. Next time, I think I will cut the sugar a little more. This was very tasty. Thank you for sharing this good recipe!"
"made this for my family today!! lets just say it was a HIT!! they loved it !! will cook this again!:)"
"I made this with fresh blueberries and it was delicious! My family loved it! Definitely will be making this again!!"
"I love be'rrys'. I definitely to' morrow going to bake this' one."
"I just made this with fresh picked berries. It was delicious!"
"If a recipe doesn't fit your lifestyle, stop criticizing it and don't make the recipe. Find another recipe. This happens to be very good."
"Great summer dessert while berries are in season."