Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blueberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler(53)
Sort By :
Excellent. Easy to make and reminds of the cobblers I ate as a child.
I love blueberries and this did not disappoint! YUM
This is delicious...surprised me that the dough was so thin, but baked up beautifully. This is a COBBLER though for those thinking it's not sweet enough or so on..not a crisp or a crumble so expect it to be more biscuit/pancake like and less sweet, and to want ice cream or whipped cream...although I could happily eat this one without!
This was ok, but not something I will make again. I did make changes though, by substituting whole wheat "white" flour, and splenda instead of sugar, but the topping was way too thick for our taste. It was mostly breading with a little blueberry "jam". without ice cream on top, we wouldn't have eaten it.
Being on a restricted diet, I don't consider the equivalent of 3 bread servings for one helping diabetic friendly.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Cobbler >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cobbler >
- Blueberry Cobbler Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cobblers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >