Blueberry Betty Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 slices raisin bread, toasted and cubed
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar substitute, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the blueberries.
- 2. Pour into two 1-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Top with toast cubes; sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 278 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat-free milk, 1 fruit, 1 fat.