Blueberry Bars Recipe
Our three sons like these bars so much that after they were married, each of my daughters-in-law asked for the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- 2. Spread half of the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling; sprinkle with nutmeg. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC