Our three sons like these bars so much that after they were married, each of my daughters-in-law asked for the recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling; sprinkle with nutmeg. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Bars in Country Extra July 2003, p49
Reviews for Blueberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review