- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling; sprinkle with nutmeg. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Bars
"I made it for any nephew's return from boot camp. Everyone loved it, even his teenage friends. This one is A keeper!"
"I substituted strawberry pie filling, as I felt this would appeal to me and my family more, and it was a hit! Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! It is definitely a keeper :)"
"This is my go to recipe for potluck dessert. I have also used raspberry pie filling and it is better than the blueberry. If I can find blackberry pie filling I am going to try it with that!"
"Delicious The sweet taste of blueberry with just a little tang of lemon. I put the glaze in a zip loc bag and snip the corner off to drizzle it on the bars. I make it with homemade filling rather than canned. It's easy and yummy. 3/4 cup of sugar,1/4 cup of cornstarch,1/4 cup water, and 1 and 1/2 cups blueberry. Boil it all for a couple of minutes while stirring . When it turns thick and jelly like it's ready to use"
"Very good and several people asked me for the recipe!"