Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in bananas. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Reviews for Blueberry Banana Bread(24)
Sort By :
Very good!!! I added cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
delicious and moist, I will no doubt make it again!
Very tasty and quite easy to make. I doubled the recipe and got 4 mini loaves and 6 jumbo muffins. I also used frozen blueberries. I should have drained the juice as the muffins and bread are quite bluish/purple but still YUMMY. I also added a crumb topping to the muffins.
I do not use whole wheat pastry flour! Can I use cake flour instead? Also no yogurt can I use cream cheese? Sorry this comment (?) is for a different b.bread!
The whole family loved it!