Blueberry Banana Bread
Blueberries and bananas combine in these tender, golden loaves. Whether you enjoy a slice as a snack or for breakfast, this bread is so flavorful, you won't need butter. —Sandy Flick, Toledo, Ohio
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- salt; gradually add creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in bananas. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.