Blueberry Apple Crisp
From Milford, Indiana, field editor Harriet Stichter says, "Here's a family reunion choice from our dessert lovers."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place apples in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with
- blueberries. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over
- fruit. Combine sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- remaining flour. Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60
- minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.