- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ALMOND CRUMBLE:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the blueberries, apples and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For biscuit topping, in a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk the cream, yogurt and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit.
- For almond crumble, in another bowl, combine the almonds, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
Was very good. We ate it with a scoop of ice cream. Next time I will try to 1/2 it as it is way too much o 3 or 4 people.