Blueberry Angel Torte
This quick, make-ahead dessert looks high and impressive on a serving platter.Violet Davis, Crossville, Alabama
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugars until smooth; fold
- in whipped topping. Split cake into four horizontal layers. Place
- bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the whipped
- topping mixture and a fourth of the pie filling. Repeat layers three
- times. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 318 calories, 10 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.