- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish; top with pie filling. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Dessert
"This is really as simple as everyone says and very good. I have also used cherry pie filling. I may try the strawberry next time as another reviewer suggested. I have used the boxed cake mix and baked it in the 2 loaf pans which makes it easy to cut up."
"So easy! I used fat free cream cheese, fat free whipped topping, only 0.8 c powdered sugar, and fresh raspberries and blueberries. Half the calories at 194 cal per serving (12 servings). The dinner party loved it and so did the science department when I made it for a meeting!"
"I made this dessert 2 days ago and it was a big hit -- definitely a keeper. It's a very light dessert that is perfect for hot weather or for someone watching calories (I used fat-free cream cheese). I think I will try it with cherry pie filling the next time."
"Great simple recipe. You don't have to change anything!!!"
"Easy and delicious, my family loved it!"