Blueberry Angel Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish; top with pie filling. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Dessert
Sort By :
"Very easy and tasty. I wanted a light dessert after a heavy dinner. This was perfect. By happenstance, when I picked up the angel food cake there was a small lemon bundt cake next to it. I added that with the angel food cake and I liked the additional lemon flavor."
"Just made this quick and easy dessert. I made my own angel food cake from a mix because its more economical then store bought and bigger. I just ripped the cake into bite size pc. I also only used 1 can of blueberry pie filling. One is plenty unless you are a huge blueberry fan. My kids loved it! Super yummy with the cream cheese/whip cream creation. Next time I am going to buy strawberry pie filling and make a quick creamy shortcake! So fun for summer!"
"this is awesome I have made it twice but I only use 1 can blueberry pie filling(costs about $3.50 per can!)...it really doesn't need any more than that."
"I liked the recipe but I think only one large can of the pie filling is enough for the dish."
"I have been making this one since 2004. I have successfully substituted real whipped cream in the past. Also have made the topping from scratch to control the sugar content for diabetic folks. Both ready made pound cake and angel food cake work well. The pound cake is denser, but absorbs just as well if allowed to refrigerate for a few hours. This was my go to dessert in my working days. Fat free cream cheese works well and you cannot tell the difference. I've used peach, apple and strawberry toppings as well. A favorite summer dessert."