- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish; top with pie filling. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Dessert
"So quick and easy and absolutely delicious! I have made this so many times recently and everyone asks for the recipe. It's already been requested for the 4th of July party we are going to attend. Very versatile too - can make any flavor you want and ALL are wonderful!"
"This is simple and delicious and always a hit if you take it to a gathering!"
"I made this with 1 can of Strawberry pie filling and 1/2 quart fresh berries chopped and combined. I used a store bought 14oz angle food cake. Full fat cream cheese and whipped topping. I used a 9 inch square dish so the cake part would be thicker. My husband likes that part. We love it. I do not like to light my oven in the summer and this works for us perfectly. Oh I almost forgot I only used half a cup of the sugar in the cc mixture."
"This is really as simple as everyone says and very good. I have also used cherry pie filling. I may try the strawberry next time as another reviewer suggested. I have used the boxed cake mix and baked it in the 2 loaf pans which makes it easy to cut up."
"So easy! I used fat free cream cheese, fat free whipped topping, only 0.8 c powdered sugar, and fresh raspberries and blueberries. Half the calories at 194 cal per serving (12 servings). The dinner party loved it and so did the science department when I made it for a meeting!"