- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish; top with pie filling. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Dessert
"Delicious! I made this today and served it to guests tonight - got compliments. I used real whipped cream instead of cool-whip. And I used fresh blueberries and raspberries. I drizzled a bit of chocolate syrup on top just before serving in individual dishes."
"I have made this for two family events, and it has been a huge hit! I recommend making it the day before, it's much better after 24 hours."
"I used real whipped cream and fresh raspberries with a couple tablespoons of powdered sugar added for sweetness ... perfect colours and lightness for Canada Day! Thanks for a great recipe, Carol!"
"So quick and easy and absolutely delicious! I have made this so many times recently and everyone asks for the recipe. It's already been requested for the 4th of July party we are going to attend. Very versatile too - can make any flavor you want and ALL are wonderful!"
"This is simple and delicious and always a hit if you take it to a gathering!"
"I made this with 1 can of Strawberry pie filling and 1/2 quart fresh berries chopped and combined. I used a store bought 14oz angle food cake. Full fat cream cheese and whipped topping. I used a 9 inch square dish so the cake part would be thicker. My husband likes that part. We love it. I do not like to light my oven in the summer and this works for us perfectly. Oh I almost forgot I only used half a cup of the sugar in the cc mixture."
"So easy! I used fat free cream cheese, fat free whipped topping, only 0.8 c powdered sugar, and fresh raspberries and blueberries. Half the calories at 194 cal per serving (12 servings). The dinner party loved it and so did the science department when I made it for a meeting!"
"Great simple recipe. You don't have to change anything!!!"