Like angel food cake, these yummy cupcakes don't last long at my house. They're so light and airy that they melt in your mouth. —Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
- 11 egg whites
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift together flour and 1/2 cup sugar three times; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 14-17 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Brush over cupcakes. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Angel Cupcakes in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review