- 11 egg whites
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift together flour and 1/2 cup sugar three times; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 14-17 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Brush over cupcakes. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Angel Cupcakes
Sort By :
I made this recipe with a box angel food mix due to a time constraint.....my family loved them. Moist, light, but not as boring as plain angelfood cake!Will definitely make these again!
These sounded yummy, but all I could taste was cream of tarter. The icing made them sticky and mushy.
It would be helpful if there was some indication what size muffin tins you used.
Has anyone tried making these with a boxed angel food cake mix? I would love to hear how they turned out.
haven't made them yet