Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
For a tasty finale to any meal, try this classic cobbler. Your family will be delighted by the sweet flavor.Laura Jansen, Battle Creek, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a saucepan, combine first five ingredients. Bring to boil,
- stirring until thick. Add fruit and pour into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in milk and butter. Spread over fruit mixture an bake at
- 375° for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and tests
- done. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium,