Blueberry Almond Snickerdoodles Recipe
"My nine-year old grandson and his friends went nuts for these great cookies," said Pamela Shank from Parkersburg, West Virginia. "Almonds and blueberries taste great together and give this cookie an updated twist."
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and blueberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in cinnamon mixture. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 109 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry Almond Snickerdoodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC