Blueberry 'N' Spice Sauce
"Our family enjoys this sweet fruit sauce on French toast, angel food cake, fat-free frozen yogurt or most anything we can drizzle it over," notes Mary Jo Carlton from her home in Montrose, Pennsylvania.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in blueberries; return to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Yield:
- 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.