- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment paper, roll pastry into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and basil. Spoon blueberry mixture over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving the center uncovered.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with goat cheese; bake until crust is golden and filling bubbly, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Top with torn basil leaves before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Pie
"I didn't have a lot of white sugar so I used brown. It was delicious. The goat cheese gives a nice balance to the sweet berries and the bold flavor of basil. Super quick dessert or treat. Definitely keeping this around."
"The freshness of the blueberries really pop in this delightful dish and with the addition of creamy goat cheese and fresh picked basil it really brings out the flavors of summer, and it makes a nice presentation when serving guests."