Blueberry & Ginger Tart Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whipped cream
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove and set aside 1 cup for topping. Stir 1 tablespoon lime juice into remaining pastry. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and mint. Add blueberries and remaining lime juice; toss to coat. Transfer to crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry & Ginger Tart
Sort By :
"I made this for our 4th of July party & it was AMAZING! I used a little more like juice than the recipe called for (1.5-2TBS) & slightly more flour, but all in all, it was perfect! I looked just like the picture (which almost never happens;) & tasted very refreshing! I would recommend using the foil trick listed! It kept those thin tart top edges from burning! 4 people from the party asked for the recipe! Big hit!"