Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup milk, butter and egg. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Arrange blueberries over batter to within 1/2 in. of edge of plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over blueberries to within 1 in. of berry edge.
- 3. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 249 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.