Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup milk, butter and egg. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Arrange blueberries over batter to within 1/2 in. of edge of plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over blueberries to within 1 in. of berry edge.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie
Sort By :
I was disappointed. The batter for the bottom layer baked up with NO flavor whatsoever. I believe it is because the aspartame in the pudding mix was altered by the heat of baking. Also could not taste the vanilla flavor, although I could smell it while it baked. With some alterations this recipe would be good.
The cream cheese layer tasted really good.
In the recipe, is the butter supposed to be melted or left solid when beaten with the milk and egg? I just used it at room temp.
the amounts listed in the recipe seemed a bit odd, and i couldn't find any sugar-free cook n server pudding, so I used regular cook & serve. I made cuts in other places, though, and the recipe still came out great. Instead of real butter, i used Smart Balance 50/50 blend for baking, and i replaced the sugar in the cream cheese topping with Splenda for baking. The dessert was yummy and would probably be good with just about any fruit, apples, pears, mixed berries or peaches.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >