- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt,
- baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in the walnuts, carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11
- minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar
- and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in walnuts and pineapple.
- Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining
- cookies. Sprinkle both sides with additional confectioners' sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Package cookies in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in a single layer before filling.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich cookie equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.