Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts, carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in walnuts and pineapple. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle both sides with additional confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake Cookies(3)
Sort By :
...and I am. Thank you very much.
Not overly sweet and perfect size for a light dessert....Love carrot cake but not the time and effort that goes into making a whole carrot cake, try my award winning carrot cake cookies and surprise your friends, family and carrot cake lovers everywhere!!.also a great to go snack!!!
LOVED these cookies! Left out the rum extract, walnuts, and raisins (not crazy about those ingredients), and the cookies came out tasting just like our favorite carrot cake. Used a family recipe for the cream cheese frosting, put it in a cookie press, and filled the cookies easily that way. (Frosting recipe: 3 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla) If we manage to have any left after the weekend, I will wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them. A great treat for later!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >