- 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges and center
- tube of pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack over waxed paper.
- For sauce, combine the sugar, butter and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat just until butter is melted and sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts.
- Poke holes in the top of the warm cake; spoon 1/4 cup sauce over
- cake. Let stand until sauce is absorbed. Repeat twice. Poke holes
- into sides of cake; brush remaining sauce over sides. Cool
- completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 410 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.