- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and, if desired, olives.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry potatoes 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Stir potatoes into meat mixture. Place 2/3 cup mixture near the center of each tortilla; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Wrap each burrito in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blue Ribbon Beefy Burritos
Sort By :
I didn't care for the taco sauce as a flavoring. If I were to make this again, I'd use chili powder, cumin, oregano to replace the taco sauce and forget the lemon and use beans to replace the fried potatoes. I prepared half recipe individually wrapped in foil and other half baked with an enchilada sauce, as recipe in magazine suggested. Neither way was a favorite.
So good. Even better the second day!
I cook for two, so I cut this recipe in half, giving each of us two burritos. And, we opted not to add the potatoes, but did add a few red kidney beans instead.. and we made them "wet" with a sauce... Yummy! Next time I will try them as a hot wrap. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I rate this recipe four stars.
Huge hit. Definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >