Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos
From Niceville, Florida, Diane Hixon shares a tasty topper for tortilla chips. Chili powder and sassy salsa season a zesty mixture of ground beef and refried beans that's sprinkled with green onions, tomatoes and ripe olives.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next seven ingredients;
- heat through.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Top with olives, onions and tomatoes if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,353 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56