- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next seven ingredients; heat through.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Top with olives, onions and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos
"A family favorite. A quick and easy dish when you are pressed for time. We are not olive fans so those were omitted. Great flavors."
"These were really good, although I prefer a more liquidy meat mixture, the meat mixture was really thick."
"I've been making this recipe for years and it is always loved. The girls at work request I make it for them on a regular basis. It is a favorite with men, women, children, young and old! Very simple to make. I just keep it warm in a crock pot."