- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, beat
- 2 minutes. Add bananas; beat 2 minutes longer. Set aside. Sift
- together flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with buttermilk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two lightly greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with
- 1/2 cup coconut. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Remove cakes
- from the pan and cool, coconut side up, on wire racks.
- For filling, combine sugar, flour, cream, salt and butter in a
- saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in pecans and
- vanilla. Cool. Spread filling over the bottom (plain side) of one
- cake layer. Place remaining cake layer, coconut side up, on top of
- In a bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Place a
- 3-in. circle in the center of the cake top. Frost sides and top
- edges of cake. Remove the circle to expose coconut. Yield: 12
If Cooking for Two: Freeze leftover cake to enjoy later.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 872 calories, 48 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.