Blue Ribbon Apple Cake Recipe
Jennie Wilburn of Long Creek, Oregon credits, "A friend from New Hampshire gave me this recipe for her cake, which took a blue ribbon at the county fair."
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, oil, orange juice and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 2. In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spread a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Top with half the apples. Repeat layers. Carefully spread remaining batter over apples.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 353 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Blue Ribbon Apple Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC