Blue Ribbon Apple Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, oil, orange juice and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 2. In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spread a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Top with half the apples. Repeat layers. Carefully spread remaining batter over apples.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 353 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blue Ribbon Apple Cake
"Greatest Apple cake I've ever made."
"I forgot to click on the stars - would rate 5 star!"
"This cake is delicious and very moist. I added some chopped walnuts over the apple slices and liked the addition. This was raved over by guests. It kept moist for several days."