- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Blue Plate Beef Patties
"I've been making this recipe for years. The horseradish really makes a great sauce!"
"Nice change from meatloaf or regular hamburger for an easy meal."
"Love it! I have made this numerous time with mashed potatoes. I omit the horseradish."
"We are not big fans of horseradish. Do you taste it when cooked?"
"I clipped this out of the magazine forever ago - and just found it again. This is now my son's new favorite - easy, hot and hearty."