Blue Plate Beef Patties Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 438 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Blue Plate Beef Patties
"I've been making this recipe for years. The horseradish really makes a great sauce!"
"Nice change from meatloaf or regular hamburger for an easy meal."
"Love it! I have made this numerous time with mashed potatoes. I omit the horseradish."
"We are not big fans of horseradish. Do you taste it when cooked?"
"I clipped this out of the magazine forever ago - and just found it again. This is now my son's new favorite - easy, hot and hearty."
"This is delicious! Easy to ake, it has a wonderful flavor. A great family dinner nd for casual company. I made it little bit easier by using canned mushrooms."
"My husband said this was the best ever and wants me to make it more often"
"This is really easy to make i make just a big meat loaf and bake it for about 45 min.to 1 hour"
"It was just ok. I won't make again."
"This is by far my sons favorite dish, loves it for valentines day in the shape of a heart"
"These are wonderful... the gravy over mashed potatoes is excellant.really easy to make."
"Very tasty recipe. Used powdered gravy mix and will try it with the jarred sauce next time. Made it without mushrooms and it was still very good!"
"I really enjoyed these beef patties. They were VERY easy to make, and were rather tasty. My husband, 8 yr old daughter, and myself enjoyed them. I will def. be keeping this recipe for an easy and CHEAP dinner."
"i entered this recipe several years ago in the Taste of Home Magazine contest and won first place. It is one of our favorite recipes."
"This has become one of our favourite meals, served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Yum! Yum! The gravy is excellent!"
"This has become a regular dish in our home. Both my husband and I enjoy the taste that the horseradish gives the gravy. I also prepare it often for dinner guests who always rave about it."
"I serve the patties with mashed potatoes and the gravy is delicious. This is one of my husband's favorite meals."