Blue Plate Beef Patties Recipe
A friend and I discovered this recipe together and both consider it a staple menu item. I fix the moist, mild-tasting patties often for family and friends. We love them with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles and the gravy, which gets great flavor from fresh mushrooms.
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 438 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Blue Plate Beef Patties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC