I love my grandma's vanilla crescent cookies, but wanted to add my own twist. These have a touch of lemon and cinnamon, plus flecks of dried blueberries.—Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel, juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture; stir in blueberries. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Blue Moon Crescent Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Blue Moon Crescent Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review