Blue Lagoon Margaritas Recipe
- 4 lime slices
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup blue curacao
- 1/3 cup partially thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1. Using lime slices, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Set aside lime slices for garnish. Sprinkle sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- 2. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved lime slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Blue Lagoon Margaritas
"Good but I will make over the rocks next time."
"So tasty & refreshing! I couldn't stop with just one pitcher! Will be making these a lot to sip while lounging around the pool."
"This is a super simple recipe for making a great summer drink. These are always a hit around the pool and at the lake!"
"Love these margaritas! I make them every time we go camping with a group and they are always a big hit! Very fun and pretty!"
"These are so easy to make, they are so delicious, and they are so pretty. Everyone I make them for loves them."
"I LOVE margaritas so when I saw this recipe I had to try it! I ended up making 3 pitchers for me and all my friends that night! Everyone loved them! I keep this recipe on hand just in case!"
"Impressive drink to look at and it tastes good too! Will make again."
"These are great. Very smooth. This is the new recipe I will be making from here on out! Thanks for sharing!"
"A Blue Lagoon is made with vodka. This is a Blue Lagoon Margarita.Very good indeed!"
"I had these in Mexico about a year ago. They made them with vodka and on the rocks instead of crushed so you keep the bubbly of the soda. I don't believe the sugar is necessary."
"My husband loved them but I thought they were a bit too sour/tart. But still would make again."
"Looks great. It's really a regular Margarita but with Blue Curacao instead of Triple Sec. Also try with Red Curacao."
"Fabulous! What I did different was skip the first step (lime & sugar) and went straight to the drink. lol. If I serve this to company I would do it. Funny, we only got 2 drinks out of this. Must have been the big glass I served it in!"
"All I have to say.............AWESOME!"
"Great drink to acompany a Mexican meal - or anytime. Nice slushy drink but not so cold as to cause brain freeze as some frozen drinks do."